View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #13
LilPuppyLove
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynn View Post
Sally….I’m sorry there seems to be a personal vendetta here and I truly wish that I could change it or at least know what I can do to help you through it and rectify it.
While I’ve never claimed to be an expert and will probably never be the expert , I’m just a person with an opinion like everyone else. I strive to present the best representation of the breed I can with “structure and movement” as my goal with health being of the utmost importance. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve stated this over and over with “coat” being the least of my concern in this breed. While I also strive for the nice dark steel blue silky coat it’s not at the top of my list. You can do a search on my posts and will find many times throughout my time here stating the fact above.
I come from horses throughout most of my life and barrel racing the majority of that. So, with that being said I do feel I have a good understanding of structure, movement and conformation ect…as you have to have a horse with good conformation and the right type of legs to scoot themselves around a barrel going at almost a dead run and the horse being able to get his/her legs up underneath them to make that tight turn going around a barrel. You wouldn’t want a real leggy horse to be making those types of turns but yet you need leg for the speed. A nice short back the Quarter horse and the type of leg they also have makes a pretty good barrel horse. But in speed the shorter legs loses precious speed so breeders crossed the Quarter horse with the Thoroughbred horse. I know in the dog world you wouldn’t do this but in the horse world it’s done and accepted.
Look at the German Shepherd dog and what they’ve done to their structure and rears? Can you say hip dysplasia? The Shih Tzu is another example of a breed that is not being breed correct. The nose is being breed to short. Look at the English Bulldog can’t free whelp in most cases. You see, I know a little more about other breeds than you might think. I’m also somewhat knowledgeable in the Havanese breed.
In my breed take Radar for example, he’s not a perfect yorkie and I’ve never claimed him to be and I can pick his faults and only improve upon them by breeding him to a bitch that has the attributes he does not have like rib spring and maybe a tighter ear set and shorter legs but he has great shoulders and angulation and reach and drive and a great top line. I also, showed a bitch that I finished to her championship and she was a nice bitch and I can’t complain that she got a 5 point major at the Progressive Toy Dog Club in NYC and the judge that awarded her this accomplishment is a very well respected judge in the dog show world and that would be June Penta and little ole me just a single person in a ring with the biggie pros wins. So, yes I’ve done my nice share of winning with the nice dogs I’ve taken in the ring. I finished Radar by myself and I do have a home bred champion shown from the bred by class and finished rather quickly and not as a puppy but as a young adult. I’m always learning from each experience and will continue to learn every day and every time.
So, one on this “pet” forum can either take my advice or opinions and learn from it or they can choose to ignore it, either way it’s their choice and it won’t hurt my feelings in the least.
Lots can be learned outside anything. I take my background in horses as a stepping stone into the yorkie world so yes I would agree that things can be learned outside the "yorkie world".

Donna
... well said!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!