View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #7
Woogie Man
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsilk View Post
I hope Wylie's Mom applies the same professionalism to this thread.

As I tried to tell you in the other thread. There is a lot of expertise OUTSIDE the Yorkie breed. I have never claimed to be an expert. Quite the contrary. I have had the privilege of having sat at the knee of some true experts and gained enough knowledge to know how much I don't know. Joining this forum to learn about Yorkies ended with where to buy pee pads and what kind of dresses to buy. There are well over 100 AKC recognized breeds where people actually learn about dogs too. Your narrow focus on one breed will only perpetuate the problems I see in the breed today. It's hard to find someone in Yorkies who also knows dogs.

This thread constitutes a personal attack on a member out of frustration that I don't accept everything that's said here as expertise, but rather a lot of old breeders' tales and just plain old nonsense.

Some healthy skepticism would go a long way in some of these conversations.
I agree with you in part of what you say. It is good advice to look outside of one breed and learn about dogs, and, in the case of the Yorkshire, to look at other terriers especially. I have learned a lot from seeking out info on other breeds and those breeders' practices and also from looking at old texts from some of the original terriermen. I've even learned a thing or two from horse breeding info.

It's kind of ironic that you say this thread constitutes a personal attack when your posts in the other thread were just that. No one here has a monopoly on knowledge and if you have any that your own experience has found to be true, then by all means please share it. You could have done that earlier rather that attacking others and it was those attacks that had that thread closed. As you can see, a deaf ear is turned when all one does is lash out at others and it devalues any info you might share.

Again, if you have any good info to share, please do and any sources you might cite would be even better.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!