View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #22
Rhetts_mama
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
You're correct if just using the term "Teddy Bear", but we are talking about descriptions of a dog which makes it an adjective. Teddy Bear Face.

I just think that if a person has puppies that have a baby doll face or teddy bear face, there is nothing wrong with claiming it. Not everybody is buying a show dog and to be quite frank, I don't think that a lot of the show breeders dogs have the best living conditions for their dogs. I have seen a few that are in crates 24/7.

If a person is breeding healthy dogs, and are not obvious puppy mills, I don't see anything wrong with the descriptions.

It's wrong because it's not breeding to standard. Whether someone is breeding for show or for pet, standard is the standard for a reason. If someone is choosing to breed and describe these off standard dogs as "teddy bear" or whatever, than they aren't breeding for the betterment of the breed, but rather for greed. And that is what is wrong with breeders using descriptions like that.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!