View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
AmandaBailey
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Boyfriend and yorkie do not get along

My Yorkie, Bailey has become quite protective of me. She is about two years old and I got her from a shelter when she was about 7 months old. At the time I got her I lived with my parents. She was always a little skittish of my boyfriend when he would visit. This past June, Bailey and I moved into an apartment with my boyfriend. Since then it has gotten progressively worse. She makes this screeching noise when he walks past her, runs away from him whenever he is near, won't take treats from him, literally will pee or poop herself if he gets too close. She is completely terrified of him. BUT when I'm not home she will snuggle right up to him on the couch, will follow him around, take treats from him, etc. Once I get home and she sees me she flips and growls at him and does the same act. When he kisses me or lays a hand on me she does everything she can to get my attention and wants nothing to do with him.

She is starting to get worse and has started nipping at him and now is even getting to be that way with others.

How can I make this situation better? It is becoming awfully hard to live together when I feel stuck in the middle!!
AmandaBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!