View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #12
yorkiegirl67
Yorkie Talker

[quote=fullmoonyorkies;3348790]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think she felt better after she called my vet... QUOTE]

I debated on whether or not I should be asking people for their vet's contact information, or to have a questionaire for them to fill out.
My thinking was, it might seem somehow intrusive or too nosy...but I'm glad I got over this way of thought. If someone is seriously
considering adopting, filling out a form or answering a few questions won't be a big deal. It should make a person stop and think about
why they are adopting. Besides asking for their vet's info, I ask about their home and if they have a landlord, other pets, number of
children and their ages...that sort of thing.
I received a call from a relay service and someone who was hearing impaired tonight. They asked for additional pictures, the condition of the puppy and what was my asking price. It was difficult to talk as our conversation was translated, etc. Feeling that I wanted to give the person the benefit of the doubt, and not discriminate against them, I composed a very detailed email, with pictures and also asked for information regarding their family, etc. What I got back was the same exact email that Gloria wrote about re: Puppy Scams in another thread. Basically wants to send me my price, plus $100 for reserving and agreeing to cash the check and send the remaining amount to Western Union, etc., etc. I am so aggravated that these people are masquerading as hearing impaired folks and trying to scam other's not only of their puppies, but financially ! I knew once I got her response email, it was a scam. The other thing that really bothers me is they have my phone number, as well as my email address. I'm worried they could hack into my IP address / computer and get other valuable information. I was concerned re: using the Puppy Application feeling that folks may find it too intrusive, but after this.... I am using it !

My husband and I have been married for 25 years, and in that time we have owned 3 dogs. Each one of our pets, have been purchased from breeders outside of our state, but still within driving distance. When I would call to inquire, I had as many questions for the breeder as the breeder had for me. We were always approved buyers. I see a huge red flag, when someone wants to buy one of my puppy's, but has no questions. Not happening, and I will not take anymore relay phone calls. We have to meet in person, at my home. I'm so upset..., and also worried this scammer has personal information such as my phone number / email address. I do plan to report this incident to Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Internet Crime Schemes . I hope this stops as it's a horrible injustice to hearing impaired individuals.
yorkiegirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!