Thread: Snow day!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I go to work! But I'm from the Canadian prairies so we're used to it here. We live 20 minutes out of the city and so far this year haven't had anything too bad. We have had a few blizzards with bad roads in the city (with all the stop and start traffic, it gets icy) but the highways are usually pretty good. I have refused to work overtime through the winter months though, because there is so much traffic at 5:00, and not so much later on. If I were to slide off the road, I want there to be traffic so someone will notice and help. It's dark at 5:00 too and deer like crazy crossing the highway! So I'm just trying to be safe. My boyfriend and I both just have small cars, but my brother did just give us the old '91 4x4 Explorer in case there's too much snow to get around with our cars.

A few years ago there was a huge blizzard that shut down the whole city! I got stuck twice right out of the work parking lot (we got sent home after an hour). Visibility was so poor I couldn't see beyond the front of my car! I got lost downtown because I couldn't see buildings or signs, and it was difficult to see traffic lights in intersections. That was the scariest drive I've ever had. Many people took refuge and stayed the night wherever they were, in stores or restaurants or schools.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!