Thread: Snow day!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
J_is_my_initial
YT 3000 Club Member

Default Snow day!

I snowed yesterday and today.(about 2-3 inches, a lot here) Hubby works at the university and they opened 2 hrs late. He went out to take dtr to work (she works for a call center for adt and has no days off she can take). The had closed the country road we live off of last night. Last yr we had a snow storm where no one could get down it till some wonderful people stayed out there guiding people where to put their car tires so they would not slide off the road. Curves and hills. I left work that day (it takes me 15 minutes to get to work) and I left at 430 and after having to set at subway for traffic to clear some I got home about 8 pm. Not doing it this yr. Hubby went out at 830 4 wheeling around the cones. He came back sd he was calling in. I called in also though I did not have to be there till 2. Worried about trying to get home at 8. A lot of slush now but after sun goes down, it will be bad.
I hope no one will fuss tomorrow. I have 4 wheel drive, but not going to chance wrecking my jeep or hubby's blazer.

Long way to ask: when it snows, do you go to work or look for excuse to call in?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!