View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #10
bellababy08
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post
That thing is pretty cool. But how are you suppose to train them to go outside if you put pee pads in with them? That is my whole goal..

When you are home take him out every 2 hrs, after eating and playing...let him do his bussiness, if he does his buss outside tell him he is a good boy give him tons of loving and even a treat if you want...bring him back in let him play for a little bit with you watching him...I use to set my timer on my stove to go off every 2 hrs as a reminder LOL...if you have to cook or clean after your done playing with him...put him back in the play yard until your timer goes off...if he potties before the timer goes off set for 1 1/2 hrs instead...Like you said you have to start at the begining again with him on the potty training, you have treat him like he is a puppy again...I know its going to be hard with you working, thats why I suggested the play yard...it keeps him confined during the day while you are working...with no chance to fail...and when you are home but unable to watch him at all times....he will learn its ok to use the pad when you are not home...and go out when you are home...he may even try to hold it until you get home...so he doesn't mess in his play yard..thats how I knew my girl was ready to be trusted, she got to the point to where she would hold it for 8 hrs until I got home to let her out...I still put pee pads down in the bathroom when I go to work and she stays home but she hardly ever uses them. Its gonna be a lot of work and attention on your part and it will take a while but he will get it...Good luck...OH the joys of potty training LOL...I'm getting ready to do it all over again with my new Yorkie Harley.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!