View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 08:17 AM   #11
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blancla View Post
I actually got Dexter from them. He is a very well adjusted puppy and has many champion blood lines throughout his pedigree. He is a Biewer, and I can't say enough good things about this breeder.

I just don't understand. She's doing everything recommended here by breeders with the exception of letting them leave when they are 10 weeks old instead of 12 weeks old. Dexter was pee pad trained, came with food, a blanket, toy, health certificate, and everything. I have seen breeders do much worse.
I'm glad your pup is healthy and happy.

She doesn't provide a one year guarantee for life threatening congenital defects.

I won't get into the Champion Bloodlines. However, there is something else that is conflicting in her website statement. It is stated that all pups go on a spay/nueter. However, her contract states that she is not responsible for show quality. One knows that one cannot show a spay/nuetered dog.

I've stated on several occassions that recommending a breeder unless one is throughly familiar with their breeding practices is a big responsibility. You can be held responsible should anything go wrong.

Being comfortable with a breeder because they treat their breeding dogs like pets, allowing them to sleep with them is great....but, that is not what consititue a reputable breeder.

Last edited by Mardelin; 12-13-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!