View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #14
roseylovestosho
Donating YT 500 Club Member

@2morkies- Thank you for the advice, I think the boredom comes from not liking his toys as much as his leash...I will definitely go to Target and give that toy a try, eventually we will find one he loves! (I hope lol)...I think it is puppy play I just don't like him sinking his teeth into his harness. I've started putting him on his back while holding him like a baby, say no and hold the harness down onto his chest until he stays still...when he's still I praise him and rub his belly...this seems to be working!
@maximo- I think that it was playful growling towards his toys. I talked to the breeder last night and she said that that's how dogs play with each other and their toys they growl at them and she said that type of growling is OK Also, what's wrong with walking them at 3 months? I've never heard this before, can you please elaborate? I'm not trying the still command because I started with sit (and he has not mastered it yet!) However, he's starting to understand that he needs to sit for food, he waits for me and doesn't dash out the door when I go walk him, etc. It's not consistent, but I think he's understanding he needs to at least wait for me.
@JeanieK- Thank you SO much for the link to your website...Both my boyfriend and I tried exercise number 1 and we were successful. He did not hold our gaze for longer than 3 seconds! Also, after the exercise we put our fingers in his mouth and he only licked them and did NOT nip. He is back to nipping this morning, so we are going to continue to do those exercises until he gets it! I have not tried one...will it hurt his teeth? Sometimes I see him chewing on the wire crate rather than his toys....not sure if this is bad...I tried giving him a frozen carrot yesterday but he was kind of so/so with it...He ended up vomiting a little last night, but it seemed to be just digested kibble (no bad smell, or anything) I think he ate too much...he's used to eating freely whenever he wants and I thought it was okay for him to eat a little more if he seemed hungry and he's exercising, but it seems as if the kibble and carrot upset his tummy He's doing better this morning though. I gave him a little bit and some water and he seems to be holding it down fine...
roseylovestosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!