View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
purplg8r
Yorkie Yakker

Confused Puppy pad help and biting help

Hi! I've had Bella for almost 3 weeks now. She's 14 weeks old. I am eventually going to litter box train her (I hope) so I started with puppy pads. She's doing pretty well with the puppy pad training. I crate her at night and when I'm at work during the day and when I get up/get home, I immediately take her to the pad and she pees. She also poops on the pad if I am in the bathroom with her. However, she's been having little accidents around our house. It's just little spots (not the normal spots that she has when she really needs to go--when she really needs to go, she goes to the bathroom for her puppy pad) and she also poops around the house. I know she can find her puppy pads since she goes there when she really needs to go to the bathroom, but how can I stop the little accidents and the pooping around the house?

Also, we're now having the problem of Bella liking to chew the puppy pads. She completely rips the edges to pieces and tries to eat them. She also picks it up and carries it around with her. I tried to fold it up so she can't see the edges and place it in her litter box pan, but she still grabs it. I've seen things at petsmart where there is a puppy pad holder, but all the reviews I've read about them say that they don't keep the puppy from digging it out. Any ideas here?

And chewing. She is chewing on EVERYTHING! I have tried a bunch of different toys--ones that crinkle (since she seems to like the crinckle sound of the puppy pad), I've tried bones for her to chew on, I've tried the kong, I've tried a rope toy, stuffed toys, and balls. They hold her attention for about 5 minutes and then she's back to chewing on furniture, our hands, etc. I have tried the bitter spray, but she just shakes her head quickly and goes back to chewing. I have tried saying "no" calmly and removing her, but that doesn't work. Any more ideas?

And lastly, she loves to bite. Sometimes its just a soft nibble, which I get because she's a puppy. But other times she'll come at me and my boyfriend with her mouth open and bite hard. She's never growled so I don't think she is doing it to be vicious, but it hurts! I've tried yelping, removing my attention from her, and removing her from the room for a minute, but she is very unaffected. Need help here too please!

But I love her! She's like my baby! I love how she'll cock her head at me when I say her name, and how when I'm laying on the ground, she'll slowly walk then pounce at me, just like I lion! I'm loving her as a puppy, but am ready to help her overcome these not-so-good habits. Thanks!
purplg8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!