View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

Welcome to Yorkietalk, I hope you stick around and let us know about your new puppy.

I think Morkies are adorable but if it were me I would go with a pure bred Yorkie or Maltese. I got a Yorkie/Bichon mix and the breeder told us that he would not shed because he is from two non-shedding breeds but he does shed. She also told us that any health problems would be 'bred out' since he is a mix of two breeds. He has more health problmes than my Yorkie. He has luxating patellas and a very sensitive stomach. He cries a lot and is afraid of everything, including his own shadow. Don't get me wrong, I love him to death and he has the sweetest, most gentle personality...but if I had it to do over I would have gone with a pure bred from a good breeder, or I would have adopted a mix from a shelter.

If you decide to get a Morkie I hope you will post pics because I'm sure he/she will be adorable. I just wanted you to know my experience and let you know that sometimes you don't get what you thought you were getting with a 'mix'.

Hugs...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!