View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Welcome to YT! This site has a lot of great information. I think a lot of people will be along to help you, but to get you started:

A morkie cannot be AKC registered, regardless of the parents, because she is not a pure bred. There are no official terms that define a morkie. The parents MIGHT be pure yorkie / maltese, or they might not. You won't have any guarantees on what your pup will look like, except that it will probably be small, hypoallergenic, and look sort of like a maltese or yorkie.

I would recommend against buying a morkie, because the breeder is extremely unlikely to have a serious program going on. A reputable breeder will have done extensive health testing on all their breeding stock, and will guarantee that all their pups have loving homes (and if surrendered, are returned to the breeder).

My primary objection to casual breeders is that by not guaranteeing their dogs a home their entire lives, their dogs, or their offspring are likely to end up in shelters, and PTS.

I recommend going either with a reputable maltese or yorkie breeder, OR going with a rescue.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!