Thread: $200!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 05:58 AM   #9
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I found that out recently. I was only going out of town overnight. I had to pay $125 one way (Delta) $100 return (Airways), then had to pay $50 each way to check my bag as Annie was going to count as my carry on. The hotel I called had a $50 pet fee so all in all it was going to cost me $375 extra for an overnight trip. I would also have to pay for the vet visit to get an uptodate health certificate as her puppy one was not current enough. Has to be within 10 days, I think they said. That would have added another $50 or so. Now we are over $400! I was already paying top air fare as it was a last minute trip. So, Annie stayed with my mom. If it was going to be a long stay I maybe could have justified it but not for overnight.

What was aggravating was I got sat next to a lady with a large 2 (?) year old daughter that could not sit still and took up a LOT more room and attention than my little 2 pound puppy would have and she got to fly free. I don't want the mom to have to pay for her daughter, but I don't see why we have to pay all this extra for a dog that is taking up no extra space or using any extra facilities. It is like paying a bribe to allow them onboard -- $$$ for nothing! I actually did ask about buying them a seat -- no can do. So, there are many times when you could ticket another passenger cheaper than you can fly your dog.

We really need to think about organizing a massve complaint about this. The price keeps going up -- why? How can they justify these fees? They just know animal lovers will put up with it.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!