View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 03:32 AM   #2
JoeyP
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinanguyen2 View Post
Hello yorkie lovers!

I already have a little boy whom I spoil rotten and LOVVVEEE so much, (5 years old) and I am thinking of getting another yorkie to keep him company and just have another female yorkie so our little home will be more exciting!! Snickers is 5 years old and is potty trained and very very obedient, i am quite ready for another cute little furbaby! and by the way..he is neutered! so i am not thinking of breeding my new little girl!!

but anyway, to my point.. snickers sleeps with me in my bed and everything, after doing research i have read that you should not favor one pup over another show more attention over another or anything because it might cause the other pup to get resentful towards the new puppy, so i am just wondering how i would bring this new furbaby home and have her sleep with me and have snickers be okay with it!!!

It's great that you're wanting to get a new pup for your home
But you need to realize a few things before you bring the new puppy home

The thing that jumps out at me first is that you spoil your boy rotten
There's nothing wrong with that per say
But it might be a temp problem when you bring home your puppy
All dogs vie for our attention
It's what they live for
A new pup is fun and adorable so your boy might feel Dethrowned if you don't realize this and take some prepatory steps before hand
When you bring the puppy home make sure you introduce him to your dog by letting him come to the pup and smell him
Praise the dog for good behavior
And be on the look out for any aggressiveness
Remember.... This new puppy is infiltrating on his territory
It's your job to make him realize this little new thing is something positive and not negative
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!