View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #8
k Owensk9
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirlonde View Post

My question with nearly any new law is "where's the loop hole"? Because you know people who are getting rich off puppy mills are going to find those holes. I'm not sure about all the stipulations, but the one regarding hiring one full time employee per 25 dogs seems really easy to get around. Seems like puppy millers are just going to hire their spouse, kids, cousin, etc on paperwork. And like you mentioned, BonBon...where's the enforcement? Even with the inspections, unless they are some kind of surprise inspection, what's to keep dogs from just being hidden away?

Another thing about the 25 dog limit...does this include puppies? Because puppies come and go so even say a greeder just has 20 dogs but ten of those dogs have five puppies each.* Do they have to hire two more employees for the weeks they are caring for those 50 puppies? Just seems like a lot of important details are getting overlooked. Politicians just want to get the legislation passed so they can point and say "hey, look what a good thing I did!" But implementation is a whole 'nother ball game.

*Keep in mind, I'm just pulling numbers out of a hat here in order to make a point!
-C
where is the loop hole---your exactly correct !! There is always a loop hole. If the law would inforce the existing laws all would be fine---it's the inforcement---everyone winks and lets it go !! Some animal groups are nuts ! Some are lax--some have no moral compus ! Laws don't tend to business. Some breeders stink and are horrible. Some truly love and care for their dogs. I don't care what law they pass---it's the inforcement. And each little community has it's good old boy network that doesn't do anything---what's it to them !! They are waiting for pay day ! I've reported a horrible abuse and the cops wouldn't even show their face !! Law --- What Law !!!! We would be better off with out it !!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!