View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #10
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

I'd look at it like this: yeah, the neighbor is being a little too much, BUT if it bothers him, it bothers him so it's up to you to not allow your dog to bark outside that early, which may mean switching to indoor potty pads. The fact is if he chooses to call animal control and it doesn't stop after that and he calls again and again, etc, you could lose your dog as a result.
He may have looked in your yard only to make sure he had the right place before coming over. Dogs around our neighborhood that bark it isn't always easy to tell exactly where the bark is coming from other than the general area.
Or tell your neighbor your dog only barks at that strange person you see frequently looking in his window/garage/name the area of the neighbor's place and then add, "Gosh, I thought that person lived with you... he doesn't?...Oh thank Goodness we have a good watch dog on our block, huh?" Maybe he'll realize the value of a barking dog (within reason of course)
I'm personally thankful for the occasional neighborhood dog bark...let's us know when strangers are in the vicinity.
Several years ago I had a cocker spaniel who always barked toward the neighbor's house, much to his dislike, one night she was particularly persistent - didn't know the neighbor was out of town - so I desperately am trying to keep her quiet --- come to find out thieves cleaned out his house, after he came over when he got back to ask if we noticed anything unusual.
Kendra
kjcmsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!