View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_SW View Post
Ok..once again i need your help. Freddy started growling and barking at me constantly when he wants attention or wants me to play with him.

I tried different things to make him stop: can with coins, time outs, ignoring, leaving the room, put him on his back and saying no...but nothing works. He is doing it every day. He is barking at me so loud that i just can't ignore it (unless i really leave the room) and if i want to get him to put him on his back, hold him there and tell him no, he runs away so fast that i don't always get him. He hides under the table or Christmas tree and continues barking and growling at me....if i ignore him, he comes closer and closer..and tries to bite me if i continue ignoring him. When i walk away he bites my feet... It sounds like he is really mad at me or something but it seems like he just wants me to chase him and play with him.

He needs attention 100% of my time at home. He is home alone about 3-5 hours a day. When i leave for work in the morning my husband is with him until 2:30 pm ( he is saying that Freddy sleeps pretty much the whole time) and i get home at 5:30pm/6pm. I take him for 45 min walks every day and play 30 min (ALL attention to him , no tv or radio) also. I don't know what else to do. H ebare;y plays by himself. When i put him in his crate for time out, he sits in there quietly until i let him out. I am not sure if it is "the alpha dog issue" because he listens to me when i tell him to sit, lay down...roll over etc...UNLESS he is in his "barking mode" then he doesn't listen to me at all.

HELP!! It has been going on for a about i month now...
He is just a puppy and has tons of energy that is not being burned by an hour and 15 minutes of activity. Many yorkies don't play by themselves. You aren't dealing with any alpha issue. You have a yorkie that is bored and needs more attention and more activity. Lots of them that I've seen will bark to get you to play with them or do some activity with them. Too bad you can't get another one to keep him company, because it doesn't sound like you have enough time to spend with him. They are people dogs and apparently you are his person. He is dependent upon you for everything. I'm sure doggy daycamp would be perfect for him.

Last edited by yorkieusa; 12-10-2010 at 07:01 PM.
yorkieusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!