Thread: Chewing
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #9
bellababy08
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemerryjane View Post
Well she is about 14 months old. Ive done all the wrong things so far. Ive never had a yorkie before so some of the stuff Ive seen her do is amazing to me. lol
I do keep an eye on her. If she's too quiet I look for her and I take things away from her, we've put the cords all up away from her too. I want to give her something to chew on since it seems to make her happy but with most good chew toys like rawhide or something, the bigger dog would steal Holly's as soon as she finished hers. Should you give them something to chew on at all??
Yes...get her some bully sticks or hoovey...14 months is still very much a puppy...she still hasn't matured...My girls were well over 2 years old before I could fully trust them...Bella is 2 1/2 yrs old and I'm just now trusting her, they do grow out of it

She use to run out the door as well...I started telling her to stay when someone would knot on the door or if we were leaving...now she doesn't even go to the door with me anymore when I leave....she still runs up to the door when someone knots but she doesn't go out when I open the door...I have 2 kitties but Bella doesn't chase them at all, they grew up together...there buds...but maybe if you tried the leave it command with her after a while she'll learn what it means and stop chasing the kitties...if she goes to chase them do something to get her attention and say leave it and make her come to you, when she does reward her...same with the door....like I said it will take time, its not gonna happen over night...you will have to work on it everyday...in the end you have a dog that listens to you and very happy kitties LOL

Last edited by bellababy08; 12-10-2010 at 02:14 PM.
bellababy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!