View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:35 AM   #15
LDMomma
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoMilk View Post
Is it still beneficial to feed them only on the weekends? I'd like to start on the raw diet but I'm not sure if there will be any benefits in feeding only a few times a week. I won't have time during the weekdays. Also, I don't want them to get picky with their kibbles.

From what I read so far, I just unfreeze the meat in the fridge overnight, then feed them cold on a plate and wash right away after 30 min right? and change the water after every meal as well?

Any comments will be appreciated~
Yes, you will still see the benefits if you only feed raw meaty bones on the weekends. Although, once you get the hang of it , it doesn't take long to do the raw feeding.

I feed mine a chicken wing twice a week. They devour it! Even my 5 pound Chi tears into it like she's a rabid animal. There is never anything left after 30 mins! One thing to watch for is they will try to take it somewhere more comfortable (like the couch or the bed).

We feed ours Honest Kitchen with additional raw add-ins (meat, eggs, tripe) throughout the week and chicken wings for dinner on Saturday and Sunday. I started my Westie on this diet at 9 weeks old.
LDMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!