View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 04:28 AM   #14
TaylorWoods
Senior Yorkie Talker

Yellow bile and pale gums in my experience is serious. It could be a case of tick Bite fever or Biliary as we commonly call it here. I would see a vet - rather waste the money and have him be fine than leave it too long. The fact that he isnt eating or drinking is also a concern. He will get dehydrated so try and encourage drinking esecially. Try add some glucose to the water for extra energy. We gave it to our dogs when they had tick bote fever which was often as they spent a lot of time on the farm.

It could also be a sign of stress. My puppy had those symtoms from a high white blood cell count and ended up in emergency.

I have never used a doggie daycare but I imagine there is the possibility of spreading disease and parasites easily if there are lots of dogs around.

Im not trying to scare you but seriously, my first thought even just reading about the bile is Biliary. Pale gums and lethargy can also be signs of anemia. An anemic dog can also pass blood or signs of blood in their fecaes so, as gross as it is, monitor that as well. Google the symtoms and see what fits.

BUT...

#1 - See the vet! They can do blood tests and put your mind at rest
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!