View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
Angelica
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Love Fear of food bowl

I am hopping that someone may have some insight on what I have found to be a unique issued. I have a 3month old yorkie (Ginger). She is my first yorkie and cute as can be. However in the last 2days she has developed a fear of her food bowl. As silly as it sounds she really is deathly afraid of it. Nothing has happended to her (to my knowledge) to creat this fear but she wont go near it. I have discovered that is not just her food bowl it is any bowl or plate. even lids. She will eat out of our hands or if we put some kibble on the floor. But as for water and food from her dish she acts like you are going to kill her. She seriously goes into a panick attack. She throws herself back starts to yelp and basicly scream. I have tried feeding her in bed with the bowl that didn't work. I tried playing with her toys next to the bowl that didnt work. I even tried the Hanzel and gretal approach trail of kibble to the bowl. I acted like I was eating and drinking from the bowl and she just looked at me but kept away. Can someone please help us? What could have caused this sudden phobia and what can I do to help my little one? I have a vet appointment on Sat...but I really need some help now.

Thanks,
ginger's parents.
Angelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!