View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 09:19 AM   #13
dexterandalana
Dreamin' of Dexter
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoMilk View Post
Is it still beneficial to feed them only on the weekends? I'd like to start on the raw diet but I'm not sure if there will be any benefits in feeding only a few times a week. I won't have time during the weekdays. Also, I don't want them to get picky with their kibbles.

From what I read so far, I just unfreeze the meat in the fridge overnight, then feed them cold on a plate and wash right away after 30 min right? and change the water after every meal as well?

Any comments will be appreciated~
there are many different opinions about raw. to be honest, feeding prey model raw really isnt that difficult and doesn't take much time once you get the hang of it. i throw down a chicken leg (or lamb chop, etc) in the ealy afternoon and he usually finishes it by the evening. if there is anything left, i throw it away.

i use a feeding towel since dexter is afraid of plates (they make noises ) and i keep the same feeding towel for a few days before throwing it in the wash. i change dexters water once a day as usual.

raw meat is more dangerous to humans than it is dogs. there has been times where dexters meat sits on his towel for a few hours, then he eats it and he is fine. (he likes his meat warm.) when you think about it, in the wild, wolves dont always get to eat their meat within 30 mins of killing it and sometimes let it sit for days before coming back and finishing it off.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!