View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #12
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniMan View Post
I am Jewish- I don't tend to get offended very easily by things like this, around this time of year people always say Merry Christmas, or have a nice Christmas or something to me and I just say "same to you" and move on. I did find it slightly amusing when I was younger and people would say something about whether I had been a good girl so that Santa would bring me nice presents and then THEY would get offended when I told them Santa wasn't real. I didn't do it to be rude, I was just a very matter of fact child and my parents had told me very young that Santa wasn't real, so I didn't understand why all the adults made such a big deal about this fake person

Anyway- I mostly tell people to have a nice holiday season- this encompasses everything including the new year- but whatever you say to me is fine.

The only thing that does kind of offend me is when friends send Christmas cards- its one thing if you had Christmas cards made and you want to send that- but when you just go to Hallmark and buy me a Christmas card, you just as easily could have bought me a Hanukkah card and showed that you put some thought into it- but that only offends me with people who I know well who obviously KNOW that I am Jewish.
I love your response! And I agree about your friends sending Christmas cards.

While I don't want Christmas traditions renamed "Holiday" traditions (why decorate the White House and the National Mall and call it "Holiday" decorations? Can't argue separation of church and state and still throw up trees and garland) I do agree with Karen about saying "Happy Holidays" when I am unsure which holidays a person celebrates.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!