View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #6
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

i agree with Brit a lot on this subject. having worked in daycare it pissed me off to no end we could teach them everything about Santa and Christmas trees, but nothing about God or Jesus' birth. In school history classes you can learn just about every religion on earth BUT Christianity. something is wrong with that. if you are going to say NO personal or religious beliefs then outlaw ALL of them. Santa included. or let us show them EVERYTHING we can about all the different ways to celebrate Christmas season and get over it. if people don't like it, don't participate, but don't make everyone else feel glum and horrible for their beliefs or celebrations. i mean it's like on "Outsourced" he doesn't go over there to India and tell them he's offended by all their holidays the same as they don't get all upset that he celebrates his holiday from the USA. we need to learn that it's OK to be who we are no matter what that is and accept all things from all sides. don't rule out or abbolish someone's beliefs unless they are causing physical harm to someone else or totally illegal and unethical...nothing about Christmas and Jesus IMO can become unethical and dangerous or hazardous to others so why worry about being politically correct. let's just celebrate and enjoy it.

and one more thing. i HATE the Xmas thing. that's the rudest thing a person can do is to completely remove Christ's name from the word and X him out of it. it's his birthday. you wouldn't call George Washington's Birthday X-day would you?

Last edited by RachelandSadie; 12-08-2010 at 06:29 PM.
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!