Thread: Hurt
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
redwind30
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Hurt

It looks like my little 10 year guy is going to need bladder stone removal surgery. He is going to have an ultrasound on Fri (crystals have been showing up in his urine). The Vet I go to is very expensive. However he has been successful at treating pancreatitis and bladder stones for my little guy. The only one who has been able to find the right "balance" of food and meds.
But, due to the expense (he is almost double) many other vets in town I was thinking about switching. This is a difficult decision (I lost my husband last April very suddenly. He was only 56 years old. Everything is difficult to deal with). Anyway, I called a friend (she owns a yorkie and I wanted to find out which vet she went to and kind of use her as a sounding board). When I explained the situation her resposne was "you know you can buy a new yorkie for less than you will pay for the surgery and ultra sound". My response was "I don't want a new yorkie". I reminded her that my pup is a specail link to my husband because he loved our little guy so much. I also reminded her that I have no family in town, no children...So my pup is the only family I have.

I can't tell you how hurt I was by her statements. The surgery and ultrasound will be very expensive. But, I am determind to do everything I can to help this little angel.

Please tell me...Am I some sort of nut for wanting to help him?
Thanks for listening.
redwind30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!