View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 05:40 AM   #6
JDS
YT 500 Club Member

Thank you both. Dasuquin is the glucosamine we are giving as well. She takes it okay if it's covered with a little cheese. Recovery from her spay is going pretty good right now. She wanted to be quite active last night when we got her home, but I just held her for a while, took her to potty & then put her in her crate. She cried quite a bit. She wouldn't eat last night (other than a small piece of cheese as a treat) but she did drink some water. I had to make her stop drinking the water to prevent her from making herself sick. She ate a little of her food this morning & took her Metacam. Now she's resting in her crate again. She must be very tired because she's not crying to be out with us.

Good news is she isn't even offering to lick her incision site. She did lick the place on her front leg where they shaved her to put in her IV. I put on her jammies to prevent her from licking it & she hasn't tried since. She does look kinda silly with both of her front legs shaved just a little (vet said her vein blew in the first leg, so they had to swap legs ). So, it's going well so far. I just hope the crate rest continues to go well. I hate hearing her cry & wanting out to play and romp around with us.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!