View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
candigirl
YT Addict

Default Training a hyper pup

I've had Lexie for about a week now and shes 10 weeks old. I would so love to start teaching her simple commands like sit, stay, down, come, her name etc but shes so hyper and has the attention span of a fly. Whenever i think i'm making progress she zooms off and starts exploring the house, not like i can call her back because she doesn't know come or her name, the only way to get her back is to squeak one of her squeeze toys(this gets her to come instantly). I bought a clicker and have watched many instructional videos on how to do it but the puppies in those videos always seem so engaged and never wonder off while being taught.
I went out and bought a tiny harness and leash in hopes that i can use that to keep her from leaving but it was almost impossible to get it on her she put up the BIGGEST fight. If anyone has any suggestions i would really appreciate it. Oh and i'm using Wellness puppy treats, not sure if they're not "tasty" enough?

Another thing she mouths a lot, i know shes teething but she loves to bite fingers and toes, as i sit here typing this shes gnawing one off. When we're playing and i try to give her a chew toy she'll bypass it to chew on my hand or when i pet her she'll put her head up to bite me. Saying "no" doesn't do anything because i don't think she knows that "no" is bad.
candigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!