Thread: Raw diet?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #12
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valor View Post
We feed Prey Model. One of the primary benefits I was looking for was the clean, shiny teeth that come from munching bones. PoochieHeaven, what do you feed your little one?

ETA: Valor's first raw meal was a chicken drumstick, which he managed with gusto. He had no appetite and bloody stools for the next two days, so when he was stabalized we switched to cornish game hen quarters, thinking that the chicken bones were to large for him. This went well for about a week, when he had the evening incident of vomitting blood. That was too scary for me and I gave up on raw for my little one. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience and if maybe I gave up too soon?
Transitioning to raw (pre-made or Prey model) may result in some looser stools for a few days (as w/ any diet transition, especially if it's a cold switch - as is usually done w/ raw).

Some loose stool is one thing, but vomiting is another. And vomiting blood is even more concerning than just vomiting. Also, bloody stools can really be a concern - esp if/when they are dark, tarry bloody stools. If they have just a bit of fresh, red blood - then it sometimes can be chalked up to minor/temp irritation in the colon.

Luckily, I never had any issues w/ transitioning to raw...but if there had been vomiting, I would have considered that this diet, or protein source (or something) wasn't the right thing for my kiddos. Best of luck and please keep us posted !

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 12-07-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!