Thread: eyes not open
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 08:01 AM   #13
YorkyKids
Currently Suspended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDY's2yorkies
Mom and dad were bad teenagers,I had no intention of breeding for at least another year, had her in panties,him in a belly band,my daughter came over and let them out togeather in the back yard, they were both 1 year old,and you know what happened after he took off her panties and she helped him out of his belly band..yep, she got pregnant, there was only one puppy and my vet who I trust thought it would be better to do a c section sence we knew the date they got togeather,but she must have gotten pregnant after the date we knew,the baby was too big to pass, he weighed 5.5 oz,and the vet said he should have weighed about 3 oz...but when he was born he looked like any premmie human baby i have ever seen...he is a fat thing now, looks like he is really a rotty puppy,not a yorkie,he is half the size of mommy,and looks so funny nursing on her,his ears are slowly becomming real ears...yes, I do keep them in a dark room,actually in the closet is where she wanted her bed and he is doing great now the vet says....I am still wondering if he can really be the same size as his parents when full grown,they both weigh 5 lbs,but he is huge now compared to her..he takes from her front arm pit to her tail,but the vet said he will mellow the growing out in time...any ideas as to if it is truth about size of parents,all of the dogs on both sides are 3-5 lbs full grown for 5 generations
Thanks! Please Please do not take this the wrong way. BUT I just knew it was probably a vet screwing with nature! I've seen this happen before whereby the vet makes a GUESS that the cookies are done cooking. Then when the momma is open it's too late to turn back the clock. I realize your vet make this decision in the best interest of the Yorkie bitch. BUT I just wanted this information out there for others to see. Many vets will make the decision to c-section because they do not want to come into the clinic in the middle of the night. Trust me I have seen this more than once as I am the one (an experienced breeder) who gets the telephone calls to SAVE the preemie puppies. There is I would guess a 50% or greater loss of the litters. Yes we always lose one or two or more of the puppies. It just disturbs me that's all.

Well on to your girl. THAT IS ONE HUGE PUPPY to be a preemie at birth. Your vet probably did make the correct decision. No telling what he would have weighed at full term. He could have been 5 to 6 days premature as it is the last 5 days which the coat grows. That is right on the edge on non survival because the lungs cannot support life.

<<<<<I am still wondering if he can really be the same size as his parents when full grown,they both weigh 5 lbs,but he is huge now compared to her..he takes from her front arm pit to her tail,but the vet said he will mellow the growing out in time...any ideas as to if it is truth about size of parents,all of the dogs on both sides are 3-5 lbs full grown for 5 generations>>>>snip

You don't say how much he weighs now. But I'm guessing he is rather large. <g> Here's a story. I once had a female who grew 4 to 5 times faster than her littermates. I used to pray for her to stop growing! At 12 weeks she weighed FIVE pounds. She was nearly as big as her 5 1/2 lb dam. At 6 months she weighed 13 pounds. And yes she came from 4 to 5 generations of normal 5 to 7 pound individuals with an occassional tiny in the group. Where she came from I haven't a clue! She had a wonderful personnality and beautiful dark blue coat. But I had given up all hope of placing her in a home. NO one and I mean no one wanted this moose! Then one day got a call....family wanted a BIGGER Yorkie. Boy I just said do I have a deal for you! LOL It was a grand match, they thought she was perfect! My "moose" is living in and has total control of a million dollar home today. Yep she lives like a queen. She is a true cinderalla story. LOL Oh and has coat to the floor. She is magnificant to look at. Oh but she weighs 23 pounds today!!! I still haven't a clue as to exactly where she came from.
YorkyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!