View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #25
Vinniedoggy
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseylovestosho View Post
Sorry, but not having time is hogwash. I am a full time phD student and my mornings start at 6AM. It is impossible to have every second of the day taken up to the point where you cannot spare a 15 minute walk into your schedule. If you need to do it before work, then do it before work. If not, then when you get home. Point is, there is not quick easy fix, you (or your fiance) need to put work into your dogs.
I could not agree more. I adopted Vinnie when I was in grad school. It was tough, but I made it work. I commute into the city three times a week and on the days I commute downtown, I get up at 5:30 to ensure that my dogs have an adequate, draining walk. They too will bark a lot if restless, and bark far less when they are tired and worn out. Dogs are like kids - if you're a good parent, you make the time.

I understand your girlfriend had the dogs before you moved in with her, but part of being in a relationship is helping one another out. My partner and I each entered the relationship with our own dogs and, just by nature of living together, we ended up sharing responsibility for each. It's just the way it works.

As for your other comment ("Plus I won't be caught dead walking a yorkie down the street."), well, that just kind of demonstrates your immaturity. Perhaps you should rethink this whole marriage thing? You really need to be mature to be in a committed relationship and it doesn't seem like you're there yet.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!