View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
maggiecc
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Question about potty breaks

Winnie is 9 months now. She has been potty trained from 3 months. We bell trained her at 4 months.

The last month Winnie has been acting up. She will pee and poop in the house. My boyfriend and I live busy lives but we are home from 6:30 pm on at night to be with her.

She gets crated during the day for 5 hours at a time and then at night.

Just the other night she jumped on the back of the couch and peed. It was so odd. We were sitting right there and she never rang her bell.

It just turned cold outside with it being winter and I am wondering if the weather really has this much effect on her peeing and pooping in the house.

She goes threw phases during the week. Now this week she is dinging her bell every 2 hours to go outside. She will run outside, pee, then come running back in.

I am scared that if we tell her "no" when she dings the bell that she will go in the house. But does she really need to go out every 2 hours? She holds it throughout the day and over night. Why is it she wants to go out every 2 hours and then if we ignor her when she does ring it then she will go in the house.

Does she have issues with her bladder? Is she looking for attention? Is it too cold out?

I feel like a bad mom when she does these things. I am frustrated that she will ding the bell sometimes 3 times in an hour! Do we ignor her?

As you can see I have so many thoughts, and I don't know which one to do or what I can do.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!
maggiecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!