View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 07:17 AM   #5
Cisco'smom
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkyKids
Cisco's mom. PLEASE do not feel guilty. Oh please. When I looked at this woman's website I did comment she makes the effort to present HEALTHY HAPPY DOGS!! Please be aware dogs which live in less that wholesome conditions do not have good expressions nor do they have the "I'm well cared for look". If your vet gave him a clean bill of health....whoohoo that is great. You have done your part in having Cisco checked by your vet. Rejoice in that great news. Watch him closely the next 2 to 3 weeks for the common health problems which "may" crop up. i.e. kennel cough, cocci etc. As far as genetic disease! Well honestly there is no way to tell at this early age. There is no way for a breeder to even know about these problems until they appear. After all we are dealing with GENES. A breeder cannot just select the genes she "wishes" the dogs to have. <Grin> Bad s*hit happens in what some consider well bred Yorkies too. So having genetic problems is not limited to the "puppy producers". (I hate the word puppymill) Personnally I think it's unfortunate to link "genetic disease" with only the puppy producers. Cisco is very cute. And now you know he is healthy. So please stop worring and start enjoying having him. <G>
Thanks for putting my mind at ease.
Think i had to much coffee this morning and went on a little 'flip-out' . You're right, i should just enjoy him, and any pup can have negative genetic traits.
Cisco'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!