Thread: eyes not open
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 06:44 AM   #10
YorkyKids
Currently Suspended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDY's2yorkies
Thank you so much for the eye washing, I did it when I get home and one of the eyes opened 3/4 of the way,the other eye is a little open,I guess one forgets about things over time,and I remember my maltese mommy licking thier eyes ahead of time...I havent caught this mommy doing it,but she was too young to be a great mommy,they were bad teenagers...mom is 1 year old and we did everything to seperate them,but a visiting daughter let them out togeather,and we all know what happened,any way thanks for the help..IT WORKED
I missed this post last night! It common for preemies to have delayed eye and ear developement. I have heard of some preemies whose eyes remained closed for up to 25 days. IMPORTANT: Protect his eyes from bright light or camera flashes until he is older he needs subdued lighting.

<<<<<< I know when they took him,he was a premee,he had no hair and looked like a skinny old pointed nose old man,now he is fat and lazy,ears are forming but no eyes,I will wash with cotton ball when I get home from work,should I use water or boric acid?>>>>>>>snip

You are so lucky this wee one survived. (IMO) It is very difficult to raise a preemie toy dog. It's a miracle his lungs expanded and began to work a true miracle! Please be aware his development stages may be far behind a normal puppy. This would be most important during his weaning process. He may be so arrested in his development that he cannot digest food at the normal weaning period. Just be aware that's all. Good luck. I love hearing of miracle stories like this!
YorkyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!