View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
klk3100
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Yorkie Maltese mix and sudden changes in eating

My daughter has a darling 6 lb 8 oz Yorkie-Maltese mix little girl who just turned 8 months. Up until a month ago she had a voracious appetite and quickly ate her food. All of a sudden she has become very picky and at times will just sniff the food and walk away. We were concerned, but since she was still spunky, not vomiting and had solid stools it was hard to imagine anything serious was happening. We have had her at the vet twice now and though no diagnostic tests were done, all signs (gum color, temperature, etc.) were normal. No sign of stomach tenderness. So it has been just watch her. One day last week after she ate, she vomited, but only once and then would continue her finicky eating until tonight. She ate a little food and then vomited a little, but only the one time. She has been a little gassy, but nothing too bad.

Soooooooo I just don't know what to think. Does anyone else have this type of problem? Why would her stools still be nice and solid and then she occasionally vomits?

I have read that both maltese and yorkies can be finicky eaters and can digestive issues. I just don't know whether we should be really concerned or is this just what comes with her breed.

Any help/insight you could give would be appreciated.

Oh btw she is fed a mixture of water, baby rice cereal, gerbers beef baby food and Wellness puppy kibble twice a day. We tried changing out the Wellness puppy with a duck and potato kibble and she liked that for a couple days and now turns her nose up at that too.
klk3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!