View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
MommiesLulu
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Confused Really bad crate and seperation anxiety!!Help!

I got my baby Lulu 2 months ago when she was 8 months. She has terrible seperation anxiety and hasn't gotten better. At one point she would climb on teh kitchen table and look out the window for me to come home till the point that she tore up the blinds. Everytime I leave her to go out or even if she is downstairs in her crate overnight and im upstairs sleeping she will cry and scream. We have to keep her crated at night because she still uses the restroom in the house #1 and #2. I dont know wht to do. I can hear her screaming when I come up the driveway. When I come in as soon as I start to open her crate to let her out she pees in the crate. I have tried ignoring her becaus that is what the pet trainer told me to do but when I ignore she will pee in the crate if I dont get her out right away and she will also pee in the process of me getting her out. After getting her out I will pick her up to put her leash on and she is moving around so much liek wiggling and going crazy in my arms. I try to calm her by petting her and talking to her. I don't know what to do anymore. How do I get this under control? She follows me around everywhere I go (which is no problem ) and as soon as I go in my bedroom she will go under my bed the entire time I'm in it.
Any help with this would be awesome! She whines, makes this cooing noise, and screams.
Any help with how to stop her from using the restroom in the house would be awesome too. She knows how to go outside. She seems okay with people that come in our home and out other dog if we are outside she will show out and bark at other dogs and people. She is so anxious that she gets our other dog axious and also makes him feel like somehting is wrong that he needs to protect her.
Backgroud info:We got her from a family that her had since she was a baby. They had 6 kids of all ages and another dog as well. They told me she was potty trained but hated the crate. They said they wanted to rehome her because she kept running out of the gate into the road.

This is our first Yorkie.

Thanks,
Desperate Mom that needs answers.
MommiesLulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!