View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #11
crispyk
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Hang in there. Unfortunately you have to overcome how these babies were raised their first few months.

Was the crate open and they chose to go there, or did you have them in the crate? Sorry if I am not understanding correctly. Try an xpen with a potty pad in one corner -- a pad infused with the scent to attract the dog.
Thanks! I looked up the 'diaper' which would help with the urination issue.. and that is more trouble to clean up than the poop which is now solid again thank god since eating the raw food.

yes.. it's good advice to be more gentle with the no when they go in the wrong spot.. I have to learn to calm down about that but my natural inclination is to jump up and exclaim.. and although I'm not yelling at them with anger it might as well be the same thing to them. They just look confused when I do this..

I'm trying to be vigilant but of course that energy can be felt.. so it's probably counter productive. Last night they slept in the crate without so much as one bark so they're getting used to it..

but yes.. to answer your question the first toilet mistake happened with the crate open and Max went back in to go on it! now they tend to go on the floor.. thank god and avoid the area rug in my living room (weird.. as my lhasa had a tendency to go on a rug if at all possible)

I do use the nature's miracle and believe it or not I think I've seen max lick it up or at least try to.. man they're curious.

I'm using pee pads.. but am not sure where I would find the scented ones. I initially used a pheremone treated pee post I got at Petsmart but they only tried to chew it.

Plus wouldn't their own scented (soiled pads) be enough of an encouragement to go back there? Like I said they will go in that area and bring their treats/food or rawhide on occasion as well..

I went to a spiritual book store today and got a book on holistic treatments as I feel a bach flower remedy or homeopathic may help. On one episode of dog whisperer a difficult anxious dog did amazingly well with a fear issue after having one acupuncture treatment..

I think the answer may lie on another level..
crispyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!