View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #9
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Hey, I know how tough crate rest can be. My baby was paralyzed and then had spinal surgery and she was on crate rest for about 10 weeks after. She had NEVER been crated before, we didn't even own a crate! I cried and cried and cried, and she cried and cried and cried. But it DOES get better! If you want advice, try as much as you can to ignore the crying. They are just like children, and if he learns the if he cries a lot, you let him out, he will keep crying! If he learns crying isn't getting him anywhere, he should eventually just realize nothing's going to change and he'll just have to stay in his crate. It is all training... don't give him attention when he cries, but give him lots of attention when he doesn't cry! We froze some ice cubes made of chicken broth and water and it kept our little girl busy in her crate. He may also be upset because he can sense you're upset. Believe me, I know how hard it is to stay positive, but it's important. They feed off our energy and if you make it a positive, he will feel better.

We are back on crate rest again now too, for a neck disk problem, and this time around my little girl is ready to just sleep the day away and rest, which is the best thing for healing.

Stay strong! You are a great mom!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!