View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #7
crispyk
Yorkie Talker

My prior reply to the couch incident didn't post.. guess because I quoted some text from another poster it went into the need to be approved queu.. so I'll try to explain what I did.
I came home last night. one or both had pooped in the crate. I sat on the floor to play with them in between the threshold of the kitchen (probably sitting 3 feet away from their toilet area). I gave them treats for being ''good'' in the crate while I was gone.. and tried to monitor their behaviour so I could encourage them to use the toilet. One grabbed his treat as is their normal behaviour and ran to the couch... so I thought nothing of it. The other ran to their bedding. This is when I caught him peeing and put him in the right area.. well put both in the right area.. this time confined.
As I was righting my story up.. I smelled pee nearby me.. very strange as they had never gone near the couch or on the area rug.. started sniffing and found it on the blanket on the couch! Timmy had gone on the couch!
As I slept last night I realized what was going on. Because I was sitting on the floor..the 2 of them went away from where I was.. they are just trying to avoid going on or near me.
Now of course I shriek when I catch them.. it's a reflex to run and grab them in the act..but more in anguish rather than anger.. and now they are getting more submissive (but only during this moment or 2).
They seem to know they are in trouble for sure.. but don't understand what to do about it.
Unfortunately I can't get them fixed yet because the vet says they need to gain more weight.. and they need another round of shots as they are way behind in their care that way.
She did say though that if it gets to be too much we can talk about it. Max is the bigger one (still only 5 lbs though) and could more likely handle the anesthetic.
I think they'll eventually get it.. but in the meantime I just want to protect my furniture! It's brand new Thankfully I caught it before it seeped through the blanket.
crispyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!