View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #9
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Britster, if you don't pursue a career working with dogs, I'm going to drive up to your place and harass you relentlessly.
LOL! I really want to -- I swear I will SOME day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
Awesome post Brit! I wholeheartedly agree with 100% of what you said. It's easier to have a dog that has respect for you and you respect for him. It really makes training easier, I don't even use treats half the time unless I'm shaping a new behavior. Really something so very small like a "good boy" is enough for my little man. He really does what I say just for a hug, belly rub, kiss, or to keep play going.

The only problem I have is Kaji acts like he's scared if I call him inside the house. I have to play dead so he feels safe to approach me.
Thanks! See -- for a dog like Kaji, you could never use the dominance method. Jackson, too... he barely likes it if I touch him when teaching tricks, he likes to figure it out on his own. They're sensitive men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Love it! You and Jackson make such a wonderful team .

I know so many love Stillwell, but my fave has always been Tamar Geller - have you read her stuff...you might like her: The Loved World Foundation by Tamar Geller - Home
Thanks! I have heard of Tamar but need to look into her more. I will check out the link
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!