View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Congratulations on the new additions to your family. My boys are full brothers, Max and Teddy.

Sorry to hear that the boys came from some bad circumstances and that you are facing some challenges.

Here is a thread that might help you: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/gen...nt-her-rc.html

I agree with those who say that the more "people" food you feed, the less likely the dogs are going to settle for kibble.

Make sure whatever you feed is a complete and balanced diet. Dog can become very sick very quickly on an unbalanced diet.

Pottying on the beds may be related to sickness, or as you indicated, a sign that it is all they know. Potty training them is going to require intensive work with a lot of supervision. I would recommend against crate training or any confinement to a crate. Limit their roaming space in your home to one room or an xpen where you can watch them. Take them to a piddle pad or outdoors to potty at regular intervals. In the beginning, do this frequently and at key times such as first thing in the morning, after meals, after playtime, and before bedtime. When they potty in the correct place, throw a party and praise them profusely. Never stop praising for good potty habits. Give them a small treat for each successful potty.

Hope this helps.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!