View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #5
alishasmom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
You can upload pictures to the thread, otherwise you have to be a member of facebook to see the pictures.

I feed RC just because Joey's so fussy; it was one food he'd eat. If you give them human food, they do like it better, and will find it hard to switch back to dog food. The problem with that is unless you know what you're doing, and suppliment the human food, they will not have a nutritiously balanced diet. If human food is more than 30% of their diet, supplements are necessary. A couple of things you could do would be to stop all treats and human food for a while, and set out the food and take it away after 20 minutes. Do this twice a day for a couple of days and she will start eating. If you are too anxious to wait that long, you can tempt her with a little Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top of the food. Most dogs love it, and it won't ruin them for the real food. You can give occasional human food treats, after a week or so, once she's eating her food. Boiled chicken is great for training, but don't ever give them so much that it ruins their appetite. Dogs will eat when they are hungry, but most dogs learn that if they hold out humans will aways cave in, and that's why some people think the dog will never go back to dog food, but this isn't true, you just have to have more will power than the dog. Just tell yourself, you will be strong for two days . . .
Today is the third day . I don't know if I can be that strong. It is really braking my heart. I already tried the cheese. That didn't work for trixie. I will try putting away the food as you said. That I haven't tried.

Join today and remove this ad!