View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 07:20 AM   #3
mkbartz
YT 500 Club Member

Congrats. I have one of my breeder's "unused" studs at my place right now. . . kind of a funny story how that happend. Anyways, his name is Jimmy. We also have two spayed females.

Jim is the sweetest little man and has NEVER tried to mount his "sisters". However, if he hasn't seen other family members' spayed female yorkies in a while, he goes beserk and gets all riled up.

I said all this to say, my breeder told me that if he was humping someone of something, NOT to say "bad" just to simply move him and give him an alternative activitiy. Apparently if you start yelling at them, when they are humping things, they will have a negative association with breeding and it could make them bad stud dogs.

One other thing, I use size 1 baby diapers inside the belly bands. I find them quick and easy to change and there really isn't any mess. Actually, come to think of it, sometimes I skip the belly band just but the baby diaper on him (I just wrap it about his mid-section like you would a belly-band).

How old is your new little boy?
mkbartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!