View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #6
Iluvalldogs
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj71787 View Post
My dog makes this noise with his nose and I searched on here and found out it could be reverse sneezing i guess. He only does it when hes excited like playing or when i come home. It doesn't seem to hurt him he will continue to play as he does it. He had this last year also around the winter time. Should I bring him to the vet or is this common?
All four of my dogs do this from time to time. It does sound strange, especially if you've never heard it before or if your dog rarely does it. Mine do it mostly when they are very excited.

When I first heard this noise coming from one of my Chihuahuas back four or five years ago, it concerned me so much that I took her to the vet for a checkup. My vet informed me that this was pretty common and it doesn't hurt her - he also gave me the technical medical term for it, but I can't remember what he called it. He could actually make an exact replica of the sound himself LOL -- so I was fairly certain I could trust his diagnosis of it being nothing unusual.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by Iluvalldogs; 12-01-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Iluvalldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!