View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Since he is so young and still "training" I would continue to treat for pottying. I used natural treats that were more on the moist side although mine go ga-ga over Yorkie Yummies as well. You can get them from Chattiesmom, a fellow YT'er. They are the perfect size for treating.

If I gave a Zukes (they are small to start with), I cut them into 4ths. Now as they are older, I still halve them when I treat alot. Mine get a treat everytime we come back from a walk still. I personally like to know what ingredients are in the foods that mine get. To this day mine don't like the biscuit type of treats. The teller gives them to us at the bank drive thru and they immediately bury it into their carseat. lol I find it there the next time we go out. lol

I would say eventually you can cut the treats back but it doesn't hurt (in my opinion) to keep treating/rewarding for doing something they should. Just be careful of high fat treats as with humans...yorkies can get overweight quickly. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Mom to Hot Rod; 12-01-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!