View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Codys Dad
Yorkie Yakker

Question Question on treats & potty training?

Ok so we are going on week two of having Cody at home and I am amazed at how quick he took to the wee-wee pads…..
He goes first thing in the morning and about three more times during the course of the day and then again before bed time. In the beginning I would reward him with a doggie treat after he did his business but he is so smart that as soon as he goes potty he heads straight to the kitchen for a treat.
So my question is since these treats (small bone shaped) were purchased from the pet store they were in one of the big unmarked bins next to other treats, should I worry about giving him to much of something that I do not even know the ingredients for? (next time I go to the pet store I will try and find the name and company so I can do my own research as far as the ingredients) but even if they were healthy for him is this a good practice to continue, I mean is it healthy to always reward your puppy with treats since they have such small stomachs, I even started breaking them in half so I feed him less since I noticed he would not eat his regular meals as quick, or am I worrying about nothing?????
Codys Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!