Thread: Open House?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #7
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

I think what you are doing is great! Not only are you keeping her in a large enough area, she is happy and you are keeping her SAFE!
If you were using a small kennel or a "cage" kennel maybe you should rethink it-even putting her in a spare room-unless you convert it into a dog room which would be ideal for everyone but whom of us have a room we can completely convert into a dog play area completely safe for them to play eat potty and so on in. Hate when people just put the dog in the laundry room or a back porch and call that the "dog room"...really-? is it completely dog safe in there?..or was it just convenient so that the dog is not running around the house which is also unsafe in my opinion.
Personally, I have to keep my Princess kenneled the same way you do-I can't trust her she'd thrash the house (we call her Monster for a reason), and I also have to separate Scoobers with Princess kenneled in one room and Elvis by himself (if Elvis doesn't come with me) because he has seizures and I don't trust Scoobers to not harm Elvis during a seizure if I'm not here-instinct rules and Scoobers growls and avoids Elvis during his seizure episodes they are perfectly fine otherwise but I think it actually terrifies Scoobers to see Elvis that way and we all know what fear can do...
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!