Thread: Open House?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
Cirlonde
YT Addict

I completely understand your dilemma!! I work 8 hours a day (coming home in the middle of that for lunch) and Chloe stays in a play pen that sounds just like what you're talking about. She also goes right to it in the mornings and afternoons when she knows it is time for me to leave. But I still feel bad leaving her penned. My previous dog, Zach, was a male toy poodle and he had free run of the house at all times and did great. Chloe, on the other hand, is just not as cautious as Zach was. She expects her humans to take care of her so she has no concern for her own safety. I can totally imagine her rolling off the arm of the recliner or something while we were gone!

I've finally just accepted that she is more comfortable and safer in her play pen than she would be with free reign. Similar to what you said, I think Chloe realizes that when she's in the play pen it means I'm going to be gone for an extended period of time but when she's just left out that means I'm coming right back inside. So she feels more secure in the play pen. Besides, she just sleeps when I'm gone anyway and then gets all her playing out after I get home in the evenings! She might as well be sleeping in the play pen as in the living room floor and I'm sure the same goes for your little girl!
-C
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!