Thread: Open House?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annah1043 View Post
I was wondering how all of you accommodate your pup when you're not home? Baby girl has always been left in her pen while we're gone (it's a 3 ft by 3 ft square "play pen"). She loves it and goes it in right away. It has her bed, water, food, toys, etc. She will be 2 years old in April, and I know they generally say after a year old, they are fine to be left out around the house when you're not there. I just worry because she is only 3 lbs, and I am overprotective if you cannot tell I'd like to move her pen, because it's kind of bulky and we are redecorating, but she's had it there since she was born and I don't want to upset her. Sometimes I think she finds comfort in going into it when we leave, because she knows we're actually leaving (not just going outside really quick). Just wondering how you guys handle it. I am gone on average for 6 hours a day because I go to school in a different city. We can close off the bedroom to where she only has access to the den and kitchen, but she's small and it's a big open area. She loves to look out the window and bark her head off, so I also worry about that. I don't want her going crazy at every butterfly that goes by.

PS- she does not have separation anxiety at all, so I would not be worried about her tearing up the house. Thanks in advance!
Mine are confined to one room of the house when we are not home. Sometimes if they are lazy in the morning I leave them in bed until lunch time. I like to get them up and fed and brushed before I go so we usually do that in the kitchen where they hang out all day. They have free reign in the kitchen.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!