Thread: Open House?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
annah1043
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 036 Open House?

I was wondering how all of you accommodate your pup when you're not home? Baby girl has always been left in her pen while we're gone (it's a 3 ft by 3 ft square "play pen"). She loves it and goes it in right away. It has her bed, water, food, toys, etc. She will be 2 years old in April, and I know they generally say after a year old, they are fine to be left out around the house when you're not there. I just worry because she is only 3 lbs, and I am overprotective if you cannot tell I'd like to move her pen, because it's kind of bulky and we are redecorating, but she's had it there since she was born and I don't want to upset her. Sometimes I think she finds comfort in going into it when we leave, because she knows we're actually leaving (not just going outside really quick). Just wondering how you guys handle it. I am gone on average for 6 hours a day because I go to school in a different city. We can close off the bedroom to where she only has access to the den and kitchen, but she's small and it's a big open area. She loves to look out the window and bark her head off, so I also worry about that. I don't want her going crazy at every butterfly that goes by.

PS- she does not have separation anxiety at all, so I would not be worried about her tearing up the house. Thanks in advance!
annah1043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!